Advanced Interactive Design | Task 1: Thematic Interactive Website Proposal
23/4/26 - 13/5/26 (Week 1 - Week 7)
Kimberly Miaw Jya Nee | 0366836
Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media | Taylor's University
Advanced Interactive Design
Thematic Interactive Website Proposal (30%)
Table of Contents
1. Instructions
2. Task
3. Feedback
4. Reflection
5. Quick Links
Instructions
Task
For our first task, we were required to create a proposal for a
thematic interactive website. The aim is to keep the user engaged in the medium through interactive
exploration. The theme and topic were open-ended, so I explored several ideas
before narrowing it down to two concepts to present to my
lecturer.
- Completed UI/UX proposal document.
- All processes (concept, wireframes, mood board, flow chart/site map)
- Prototype
Ideation
I came up with 2 thematic website concepts:
1. Canelé Baking Workshop
2. Riso Print Lab — A Beginner's Guide to Risograph Printing
2. Riso Print Lab — A Beginner's Guide to Risograph Printing
Both concepts are educational, the difference is that the Canele Baking
Workshop is like a visual step-by-step process whereas the Riso Print Lab
is an exploration space on risograph printing.
Fig. Concepts Proposal
I sent in my concepts to Mr Shamsul via Teams at the end of Week 5, and
he mentioned that the risograph idea looks interesting so I began
working further into this concept.
Proposal
Prototype
Fig. Website Prototype (Figma)
Feedback
Week 1 (23/4/26)
General Feedback:
Module and task briefing.
Specific Feedback:
N/A
Week 5 (21/5/26)
General Feedback:
Specific Feedback:
I sent in my two thematic website concepts for approval via
Teams. In the meantime, I started
Week 6 (28/5/26)
General Feedback:
Specific Feedback:
Riso lab concept approved by Mr Shamsul.
Week 7 (4/6/26)
General Feedback:
I started working on the riso concept in more detail and also did the proposal slides.
Specific Feedback:
Reflection
Experience
For Task 1, I spent quite a lot of time deciding which direction I wanted to take for my proposal, as I had several ideas that I was interested in exploring. Ultimately, I decided to focus on Risograph printing because I found it more visually interesting and felt that it had the potential to become an engaging interactive experience. I also liked the idea of creating something that could introduce people, especially creative students, to Risograph printing and help them understand how the process works.
Observation
Findings
While developing the proposal, I found it challenging to decide what kind of interactive elements would work best for the project. I realised that Risograph printing is a very hands-on and physical process, so simply presenting information digitally would not fully communicate what makes it interesting. This made me think more carefully about how the interactions could reflect parts of the actual printing experience rather than just functioning as decorative elements.
Findings
Through this process, I found that allowing users to experiment with elements such as colour combinations, layers, and different stages of the printing process could make the experience more engaging while also helping them understand how Risograph works. Although the interactive elements were still quite uncertain during the proposal stage, developing the proposal helped me establish a clearer direction and gave me a better idea of how I could combine both learning and experimentation within the final interactive experience.
Quick Links
Thank You
Comments
Post a Comment